Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bad News! Hanoi Business Trip!

It is 3 days before we are going to Siem Reap, Cambodia.

I received a SMS from my friend WY (who is supposingly going to Siem Reap with me, we have been to some free & easy backpacking trips together), the message writes: "My Vietnam Trip is confirmed, will go to Hanoi this week. Cannot go to Cambodia. Sorry!"

Oh my god! But what can I do? Anyway, work is more important than holidays. Work must be given higher priority.

So, this is yet another trip that I will be travelling alone. I have been travelling alone for many times, visited many places (like Copenhagen, Budapest, Tokyo/Hakone, Amsterdam, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Hong Kong/Macau, etc.) alone, so it doesnt matter to add one more destination to the list.

Quickly, I called up Jetstar to explore the options of changing names for air ticket. As expected, the penalty to pay is high, it is $297 (name change charges plus the difference in air ticket price)! The "name change charges" is $40, quite reasonable. But the difference in air ticket prices is $257! This is so, because our tickets are bought during a special promotion, which is very cheap, hence the difference between that special price and current price is high. Sigh...so, this option is closed and moreover, I dont think I can get a friend to go with me within such a short notice!

Sob sob....

No comments: